Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more - are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work.(sm)
We seek a Pharmacy Technician to support all functions of the Genoa mental health pharmacy, primarily through dispensing medical prescriptions, and performing necessary clerical duties while under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
Pharmacy Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. No Nights or Weekends. This is a Per Diem work as needed position
Location: 4327 South Archer Ave Ste P, Chicago, IL 60632
- Provide exceptional customer service to all consumers and members of the clinic staff
- Fills prescription orders and makes them available for verification under direct supervision of the registered pharmacist
- Orders, receives and stores incoming pharmacy supplies
- Receives and processes wholesaler medication orders
- Verifies medication stock and enters data in computer to maintain inventory records
- Works with the Pharmacist to assist in the pharmacy functions and keeping the pharmacy in compliance with all federal and state requirements
- Performs various clerical duties relating to the department
- Communicates with strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 6+ months of Pharmacy Technician experience
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in the state of Illinois (or ability to obtain before hire)
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Pharmacy and prescription data entry experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.