Location: Nashville, Tennessee
VPH Social Work - PHP
Social Work Fellowship
Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital
The Social Work Fellow works in collaboration with and is an integral member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. The SW fellow should have a basic foundation in clinical social work and evidence-informed practice. The SW fellow should demonstrate adequate social work knowledge, clinical competence, sound clinical judgement, professional communication skills, timely and compliant documentation. The SW fellow may function in a variety of inpatient and outpatient care settings throughout the fellowship to optimize learning experiences. Focused learning experiences will be provided that enable to SW fellow to develop and refine essential behavioral health specific clinical and critical thinking skills promoting top of license practice. The Social Work fellow performs behavioral health diagnostic and psychosocial assessments utilizing the DSM, implements group, family and individual psychotherapeutic interventions including crisis intervention, develops treatment plans and disposition plans. Maintains contact with family and community agencies and makes referrals. Actively collaborates with team to meet patient care management and system improvement goals.
- Provides initial assessment and develops plan of care according to TN Department of Mental Health, The Joint Commission and CMS Best Practice Guidelines and within the scope of their license by the Tennessee Health Related Boards.
- Provides targeted evidence informed interventions into clinical practice with patients.
- Facilitates transitions to appropriate levels of care via in person, telephone or telehealth contact.
- Maintains professional documentation which meets department and VUMC standards as it relates to compliance.
- Acts as clinical liaison with patient, family, treatment team and community.
- Contributes to the organization by actively participating in process improvement initiatives and shared decision making.
- Engages in regularly scheduled supervision as required by the Tennessee Health Related Boards.
- Actively participates in required professional development fellowship curriculum.
- Provides mentoring for social work students.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
The post-graduate social work fellowship at Vanderbilt is a one-to-two-year advanced clinical training program in behavioral health. First-year fellows will develop strong engagement, assessment, diagnosis, and crisis intervention skills through clinical rotations in our child, adolescent, and adult acute care settings providing individual, group, and family interventions as part of an interdisciplinary team. Second-year fellows will build upon these skills through clinical rotations in our sub-acute and outpatient settings. In each year, fellows will receive clinical supervision and didactic trainings focused on psychodynamic foundations, evidence informed interventions, ethical policy and legal considerations, and supervision best practices.
- FT Variable Shifts - 40 hours per week
- Vanderbilt Behavioral Health is a multidisciplinary service within Vanderbilt University Medical Center that offers world-class patient care and excellence in education and research.
- Vanderbilt Behavioral Health, through its inpatient facility Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital, is the only inpatient provider of mental health services for children in Middle Tennessee. We offer highly specialized services for children ages 4-12 who have emotional or behavioral challenges and need immediate assistance. Each child's care is supervised by a board-certified child psychiatrist.
- Our adult programs care for patients 18 and older. We offer personalized treatment programs tailored to specific needs such as Psychotic Disorder Program, Mood Disorders Program, Addictions Programs, and the Adult Partial Hospitalization Program.
- Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital is a 106 bed hospital for children, adolescents, and adult patients.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment. Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area. Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues:- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services:- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation:- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
LIC-Licensed Master Social Worker - Tennessee
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Less than 1 year
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.