Pharmacy careers are better at Banner Health. We are committed to developing the careers of our team members. We care about you, your career today and your future. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? apply today.????
As an Acute Clinical Staff Pharmacist with Banner Ocotillo Medical Center, you will have the chance to work in our newest hospital serving the Chandler area. Banner Ocotillo provides inpatient and outpatient medical/surgical care, intensive care, and obstetric care.??Our pharmacy team includes 5 pharmacists, 4 pharmacy technicians, as well as a buyer/Pyxis specialist. Our clinical pharmacists are responsible for patient care, pharmacokinetics, renal dosing, IV compounding, and other clinical practices. Our clinical pharmacists also supervise the pharmacy technicians, when on duty. Previous hospital experience is preferred, but not required.
We are currently looking for a full-time Acute Clinical Staff Pharmacist to join our team. Our full-time Acute Clinical Staff Pharmacists work a 40 hours per week; we are looking for a pharmacist to join our team on Evening shift; working 12:30p-11pm. This pharmacist will work four 10-hour shifts per week, plus rotating 12-hour weekend shifts every 3rd weekend from 7 am - 3:30 pm. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate weekend shift differential, where applicable. Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.??
The new state of the art Banner Ocotillo Medical Center is located on the southeast corner of Alma School Road and Loop 202 Santan Freeway. It is a four story, 245,000 square foot comprehensive medical care center situated on an 18-acre campus. We are a 96 bed facility with room for expansion utilizing innovative technology to provide excellent inpatient and outpatient care, services include imaging, surgery, labor and delivery, intensive care and emergency room services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the delivery of pharmaceutical care to patients using the medication use process. A Clinical Staff Pharmacist is accountable for documentation of all components of pharmaceutical care they deliver to patients. Oversees the activities of pharmacy technicians and interns, coordinating workflow and approving medications prior to being dispensed. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served.?? Must assess data reflective of the patient???s status, interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient???s requirements and provide pharmaceutical care based on those needs. Adheres to local, state, and federal laws regarding the profession of pharmacy practice.
1. ??Processes medication orders and evaluates their appropriateness and completeness with respect to patient data including age, height, weight, diagnosis, laboratory values, and other pertinent patient information.
2. Utilizes clinical pharmacy skills to assess patient medication regimens and formulates recommendations to ensure optimal safety, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness for all prescribed medication therapies.?? Contacts the prescriber with suggestions for improvement and resolves problems with medication orders as needed. Serves as a resource for patients and the health care team.?? Provides requested medication information in a timely manner.
3. Complies with directives of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee/Clinical Consensus Group. Documents activities related to patient care in the electronic medical record and other electronic databases as applicable (e.g. pharmacist to pharmacist/provider communication, adverse drug event reporting, and clinical interventions).
4. Drives their professional development through the utilization of BPS educational resources to achieve competence in the current and future BH acute pharmacy core clinical practices and activities.?? Additionally, assist with training and onboarding of new staff as applicable.
5. Prepares and dispenses medications, including sterile or non-sterile compounded medications, in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with company policies and procedures and established regulatory requirements.?? Coordinates medication preparation and distribution and ensures accuracy prior to dispensing medications.
6. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy, which may include management of technology, inventory management, and accurate record keeping.?? Supervises and directs the work of pharmacy technicians, interns, and students.
Requires unrestricted Pharmacist licensure in the state of practice and a degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
If not licensed in the state of practice, must have completed the Board of Pharmacy application process within 30 days of job offer.?? Must be licensed within 90 days of hire unless the delay is due to the State Board of Pharmacy.????
Banner Registry and Travel positions require a current and unrestricted Pharmacist license (not intern)?? at the time of hire and a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting.?? Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a pharmacist in the specialty area.
Must possess good organizational, problem solving, and computer skills. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.?? Must be able to use reference tools to evaluate patient care and answer questions posed by customers.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and Automated dispensing system.
May be required to possess a valid driver???s license and be eligible for coverage under the company???s auto insurance policy.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Completion of an accredited pharmacy residency program or previous clinical pharmacy experience preferred.
Previous hospital experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.