Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that???s why we work hard every day to make a difference in people???s lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people???s lives ??? and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.??
Do you have a passion to provide superior customer service to all patients? Do you have experience in patient registration at a hospital or doctor's office setting, and want to continue to advance your career? We want to hear from you! Responsibilities of Patient Access include warmly greeting each patient, ensure accurate demographics are captured, verify insurance benefits, generate estimates based on services rendered and provide financial options if needed.
So why should you choose us? It is simple????? A Patient Access Representative is a great first step in a healthcare career.?? At Banner Health, our Patient Access team is committed to the growth and development of our team members. This has resulted in several successful promotions into positions of greater scope and responsibility. We also have a robust education platform, reimbursement for nationally recognized certifications and financial incentives for performance.?? So join us on our journey to make health care easier, so life can be better.
Since 1970, Banner Boswell Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the people in the northwest area of metropolitan Phoenix. Today, our 501-bed acute-care hospital is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals and offers a full range of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, surgery, rehabilitation, emergency, stroke, intensive care, pulmonary, urology, wound management and sleep disorders. We've earned the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. We're also in the nation's top five percent for preventing mortality and complications.
POSITION SUMMARY This position conducts customer service, registration, point of service collections, may validate and/or obtain authorizations from payers in order to maximize reimbursement. Provides a customer-oriented interaction with each patient in order to maximize customer experience. Obtains all required consents for each registration. Document all facets of the registration process, loads correct payer(s) to each account and meet accuracy goals as determined by management. Collect payments and regular collection targets as determined by management. May perform financial counseling when appropriate. Meets productivity targets as determined by management. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer issues and provide excellent customer service.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Helps provide a positive customer experience by welcoming patient to facility, introducing self, explaining what rep intends to do with patient, thanking them for choosing Banner Health.
2. Performs pre-registration/registration processes, verifies eligibility and obtains authorizations submits notifications and verifies authorizations for services. Verifies patient???s demographics and accurately inputs this information into A/D/T system, including documenting the account thoroughly in order to maximize reimbursement and minimize denials/penalties from the payor(s). Obtains federally/state required information and all consents and documentation required by the patient???s insurance plan(s). Must be able to consistently meet monthly individual accuracy goal as determine by management.
3. Verifies and understands insurance benefits, collects patient responsibility based on estimates at the time of service or during the pre-registration process. As assigned collection attempts may be made at the bedside. Must be able to consistently meet monthly individual collection target as determined by management.
4. May provide financial counseling to patients and their families. Explains company financial policies and provides information as to available resources, offers and assists patients with applying for Medicaid. Assists patients with completing all financial assistance programs (i.e.: basic financial assistance, enhanced financial assistance, prompt pay discount, loan program).
5. Acts as a liaison between the patient, the billing department, vendors, physician offices and the payor to enhance account receivables performance and meet payment collection goals, resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns and maximize service excellence.
6. Communicates with physicians, clinical and hospital staff, nursing and Health Information Management Services to resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns. Works to meet the patient???s needs in financial services.
7. Consistently meets monthly individual productivity goal as determined by management. Completes daily assignments/work lists, keeps electronic productivity log up to date and inputs information accurately. Identifies opportunities to improve process and practices good teamwork.
8. Provides a variety of patient services and financial services tasks. May be assigned functions such as transporting patients, may precept new hire employees, recapping daily deposits, posting daily deposits or conducting other work assignments of the Patient Financial Services team.
9. Works independently under regular supervision and follows structured work routines. Works in a fast paced, multi task environment with high volume and immediacy needs requiring independent decision making and sound judgment to prioritize work and ensure appropriateness and timeliness of each patient???s care. This position requires the ability to retain large amounts of changing payor information/knowledge crucial to attaining reimbursement for the services provided. Primary external customers include patients and their families, physician office staff and third-party payors.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required
CHAA certification is preferred. Work experience with the Company???s systems and processes is preferred. Previous cash collections experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.