Recreational Therapist Behavioral Health Bolingbrook
Location: Bolingbrook, Illinois
Internal Number: 22014822
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO UPLOAD RESUME, LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
Paid Days Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Days, 6:30am-7pm or 7:30am-8pm
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
The role you’ll contribute:
Develops and implements activity therapy treatment plans
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Conducts patient assessments and establishes recreational/leisure therapy treatment goals.
• Evaluates each patient's progress and the effectiveness of recreational/leisure therapy interventions.
• Coordinates therapeutic recreational/leisure activities for both large and small groups. Observes patient response and encourages socialization.
• Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic recreational/leisure activities in the community.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
• High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
• BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Therapist specializing in Recreation credentialed from the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.