In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
You have a place in the health care industry. There's more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing facility chaplaincy services to ensure the purpose and objectives of the program are met, which includes providing intensive and extensive emotional and spiritual care to patients, families, and staff in ecumenical and interfaith contexts, requiring the assessment and documentation of emotional and spiritual needs and addressing appropriately. Administers sacramental, religious and/or priestly duties. Provides quality care in crisis situations and during the process of dying, death, and bereavement.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides emotional and spiritual care to patients, families, and/or staff.
2. Assesses and documents the spiritual care needs of patients, families, and/or staff and responds appropriately.
3. Provides emotional and spiritual intervention in crisis situations.
4. Administers and/or facilitates sacramental, ritual, and devotional experiences. Leads interfaith and ecumenical worship services.
5. Responds to emergency calls and participates in an on-call rotation schedule.
6. May assist in orienting, training, and coordinating the work of Spiritual Care Volunteers and/or, where applicable, Chaplain Interns.
7. Performs a variety of miscellaneous activities in support of continuing education and/or spiritual services at assigned facility, which may include: participating in evidence-based research projects and writing related journal articles; collaborating and maintaining community partnerships/relationships; providing educational and consultative seminars for the hospital community staff, peers, and (where applicable, to Clinical Pastoral Education students,) on topics such as, spiritual assessment, death and dying, grief, ministry skills, prayer, and spirituality; updating, maintaining, and distributing spiritual literature; and/or, performing other related activities.
8. Articulates and demonstrates continuous quality improvement utilizing processes that include consideration of all stakeholders. Fosters an environment that focuses on excellence in processes and outcomes.
9. This position is responsible for providing spiritual care at assigned facility/facilities or off-sight location. Participates in spiritual care teams and/or committees. Internal customers include patient care teams, physicians, staff, and volunteers. External customers include patients, family members, faith communities, and area clergy.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Advanced knowledge of principles and practices of pastoral/ministry services as normally obtained through the completion of a Masters of Divinity or equivalent from an accredited institution and a working knowledge of pastoral care principles and practices as normally demonstrated through a minimum of two years relevant experience. 1600 hours of supervised work in clinical pastoral education (preferred, not required, at rural facilities, BUMC-T and BUMC-S). Eligibility for ordination or commission to function in professional ministry and in good standing with appropriate religious authority. Faith group endorsement in specialized pastoral care.
Eligibility for board certification by a nationally recognized professional organization, such as Association of Professional Chaplains, National Association of Catholic Chaplains, National Association of Jewish Chaplains.
Skilled in being tolerant and empathetic of intense emotions and situations. Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact, convey information, provides assistance to a diverse group of individuals and displays a high degree of confidentiality. Skilled in maintaining composure and professional demeanor in difficult, volatile, and stressful situations. Skilled in performing a variety of pastoral roles and functions. Skilled in crisis intervention and conflict resolution methodologies. Skilled in working independently. Skilled in maintaining documentation of observations and services provided.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Ordained, if applicable by faith group and endorsed for chaplaincy by a recognized faith group or equivalent as evidenced by Board Certification (BCC) by a nationally recognized professional organization, such as Association of Professional Chaplains, National Association of Catholic Chaplains, National Association of Jewish Chaplains. Additional related education and/or experience preferred. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, depending on assignment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R25572
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.