PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Responsible for the overall management of the Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Program. Provides direction to staff to enable independent performance conforming with established program guidelines. Acts as an advocate to promote better health and well being for the people of the Bristol Bay Region.
Master’s Degree or equivalent, progressive experience or clinical service in public health, healthcare administration, business administration, or management. Must have four years supervisory experience.
Position requires demonstrated competence in program development, policy and procedure development, grant development, and budget formulation.
Demonstrated abilities in dealing successfully with grant compliance and/or accreditation standards.
Knowledge of the disease of alcoholism and substance abuse and its treatment is required. Preference for a background in rural healthcare.
Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span (e.g., pediatric/adult/geriatric) and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the assigned unit's policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:(PERSPECTIVES: E-EMPLOYEE, C-CLINICAL, F-FINANCIAL AND BUSINESS, CU - CUSTOMER)
1. C - Supervises, monitors and directs the operations of the Alcohol/Drug Abuse Program within BBAHC’s policies and procedures
2. E - Facilitates development and communication of effective departmental policies and procedures to employees within the A/DA Program.
3. E - Keeps the Behavioral Health Division Manager informed and supplied with documentation of A/DA activities and issues.
4. E - Monitor and approve travel requests and trip expense reimbursement requests for efficient use of funds.
5. E - Prepare monthly and quarterly reports as required by grants and contracts.
6. E - Promote good public relations with the community, regional organizations, the State of Alaska, Federal agencies, and BBAHC personnel.
7. E - Work closely with the State of Alaska Department of Behavioral Health to ensure successful program compliance and appropriate delivery of services to the people of the Bristol Bay region.
8. E/C - Through surveys, community meetings, and other inputs, assess and promote appropriate services delivery to the villages of Bristol Bay.
9. E/C - Work closely with the regional Behavioral Health Advisory Board to ensure programs compliance and appropriate service delivery.
10. E - Work with CHS Program Managers to integrate village based services
With the Behavioral Health Clinical Director will:
11. CU - Plan appropriate service delivery for the people of the Bristol Bay region.
12. E - Coordinate staff travel required meeting the program goals and objectives.
13. F - Ensure that the program and its counselors are in compliance with program grants and contracts and meet The Joint Commission standards.
14. C/CU - Develop and implement community-based treatment, education, intervention, and prevention programs that will enable villages to establish and maintain successful drug and alcohol programs.
15. CU - Participate in the development and implementation of substance abuse training for the treatment staff and others in the Bristol Bay region.
16. E - Participates in the on-call rotation schedule for emergency services.
17. F - Develops departmental budget submissions to align with the BBAHC strategy map.
18. F - Oversees grant management to ensure department managers meet grant requirements, appropriately expend grant funds, and timely submit interim and final grant reports.
19. E - Mentors, coaches, and counsels staff to develop excellent contribution to the BBAHC mission and assist in understanding the individual’s role in the strategic plan. Fully documents staff issues. Resolves staff issues at the lowest level possible. Keeps supervisor aware of staff issues. Develops and timely submits annual staff performance evaluations aligned to the BBAHC strategy map.
20. E/F - Maintains full compliance with the laws, regulations, grant terms, and BBAHC policies pertinent to the division/department. Ensures department activities meet all applicable accrediting body standards and CMS Conditions of Participation. Actively avoids fraud, waste, and abuse. Seeks methods and activities to enhance BBAHC revenues.
21. E - Directs departmental Performance Improvement initiatives. Tracks and reports accomplishments. Develops and oversees quality activities.
22. E/C - Responds to all Customer Comments and/or RMEs presented in a complete and timely manner.
23. E - Ensures department procedures align with and support organizational policies.
24. E - Performs other duties as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is done in normal office setting. Must be able to see, hear, speak, walk, sit, bend, kneel, and lift and carry up to 20 pounds with or without accommodation. May be required to travel to villages in small, unpressurized aircraft. This is a Full Time position. Attendance in accordance with the BBAHC Attendance Policy is a job requirement.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS: Maintains continual contacts with local, state and federal agencies. Works closely with other social and health service providers to coordinate and collaborate overall delivery of services. Interacts directly with the Stat of Alaska department of Behavioral Health and Indian Health Service staff to insure compliance with agency standards and expectations. Works closely with and accepts assistance and recommendations from the Behavioral Health Advisory Board. Maintains good working relationships and communications with other BBAHC programs and departments.
Internal Number: 08/07/2018
About Jake's Place
Formed by a consortium of Bristol Bay tribes (Yup’ik, Dena’ina, and Supiak/Alutiiq - the original inhabitants of our region), in 1973 to provide comprehensive health care services. Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation manages Kanakanak Hospital, a critical access facility which is Joint Commission accredited.
BACK TO TOP
AMHCA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AMHCA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AMHCA Career Center.